Thursday, February 06, 2003

I just got back from a lecture as part of our parish anniversary celebration. This was the second one and both were pretty bland. How can a talk on human sexuality have made me almost fall asleep?? I thought of that Monty Python movie with John Cleese teaching young guys sex ed with his wife and they were just daydreaming, falling asleep, etc.. The questions at the end were mostly "why do priests have to be celibate?". I think the couple of people who asked were shocked to hear there are married Catholic priests. Just when all hope seemed lost a young woman, by far the youngest there, made a comment that woke me up. She spoke of the problems in the Church being not celibacy but not enough celibacy. I went up to her as I left and said I think you were the only one here who made any sense.

No comments: