Friday, April 02, 2010

Triduum

Holy Thursday - I attended the Holy Thursday Mass at St. Joseph's in Babylon last night. Overall it would a good Liturgy in both Spanish and English. I like the way they alternated the two languages, first reading read in English but printed in Spanish in the booklet, second reading was the opposite. The priest gave his homily in both languages and the opening and post communion prayers were read in both. Their Good Friday service will also be bilingual, but I think it is unfortunate that they will have two separate Easter Vigils - 1 in the Church in English and 1 in a parish hall in Spanish. I think the Vigil should be the 1 Liturgy for all parishioners, however they can work that out.

Good Friday - Today I was unable to attend Good Friday service but I just tuned into it on Telecare. This is about the third time recently that I have turned on Telecare and heard beautiful chant from St. Agnes .

Easter Vigil - I am unsure what parish to attend this year, I would like to go to a parish I have not been to yet.

No comments: