Tuesday, February 25, 2003

My second favorite show on EWTN is Bookmark with Doug Keck (who grew up on Long Island). I love hearing authors interviewed about their books as much as I love reading them. Cspan II has Book TV which shows authors being interviewed or talking about their books as well. My favorite EWTN show? The Journey Home, with Marcus Grodi, which features converts and reverts discussing their story. There is something interesting about hearing people’s faith journey and as a cradle Catholic, it shows how much you can take for granted. I bought a satellite dish to get EWTN and I have not been disappointed. Although I never watched Mother Angelica’s show, I respect what she has done. When asked what she would do if some of the liberal bishops she has battled with gained control of EWTN, she responded, “I’d blow the whole damn thing up before turning it over to the likes of them”. If only more people in the Church had been as strident in protecting orthodoxy….

No comments: