Tuesday, April 15, 2003

Bill O’Reilly and The Factor

Mr. O’Reilly is a fellow Chaminade grad so I must mention him. His show was one of the first discoveries I made when I bought my satellite dish. It is entertaining and sometimes covers things that are pretty much ignored by the rest of the press. Sometimes he can get carried away and a bit too eager to fight, but he has earned respect for his passion and intelligence. Overall, I think Chris Matthews does a better job on Hardball, with interviewing in a straightforward, aggressive way. As with any successful grad, we are all proud of Mr. O’Reilly, and he has been good to his school. Lately he has said some stupid things about the Pope, betraying a kind of ignorance of how the Church works as well as how so few in this Church listened to the Pope during his first 20 years. But nobody is perfect. O’Reilly has always flirted with the idea of politics but I hope he stays on television, if only because stories I have seen covered extensively on his show, get no mention elsewhere.

No comments: