Monday, April 28, 2003

More good news from the local Church-
1) I just found out a former priest of our parish, who was assigned to us after graduating from the seminary 6 years ago, has just been assigned to teach moral theology at the seminary. I wasn’t reverted when he was at our parish but from what I remember he is a pretty good priest, like most younger priests, he seems orthodox. He will replace the awful priest that spoke on human sexuality at our parish recently. Maybe they won’t have to shut that place down after all.
2) Bishop Murphy has released a pastoral letter that sounds very good. He talks about the need for everyone to celebrate Liturgy according to the rubrics. I have never heard this type of talk from a Bishop in this diocese in my life! He also points out how Sundays have become like any other day and how we should start to make the Sabbath holy again. This is an important message and a good start for this Bishop.

No comments: