Thursday, July 24, 2003

Bishop Murphy, head of Rockville Centre Diocese, explains his role in Boston


I wanted to post this statement by Bishop Murphy but could not find it until now. This was published in the Long Island Catholic on July 2nd and it gives me more reason to like our Bishop. He has been attempting to clean up the mess left behind by Bishop McGann, who favored the heterodox. Bishop Murphy's progress has been slowed by the mistrust of Long Islanders. Many in the diocese, particularly those from McGann's time, do not like the fact that our new Bishop did not come from inside the diocese. I find this attitude uncatholic. I don't care if the Bishop is from China or Nigeria (I would love that) as long as he is orthodox. Many here have been ill-formed in their faith and it will take years to create a "Steubenville-Rockford-EWTN" type of diocese.

Along the same lines, I see there is another Long Islander at St. Blogs! Dan, one of the Notre Dame students at the Shrine of the Holy Whapping, posted on Bishop Murphy. The site even links Chaminade High so perhaps he may be a fellow grad.

No comments: