Saturday, August 09, 2003

BLOGS OF THE DAY

I use the Giant list o’ blogs to check out the Catholic blogs and don’t think I have seen them all. I try to limit the blogs I read on a frequent basis since there are so many, each different, and all good. Since I am afraid I am missing some good stuff I thought I would check out all the Catholic blogs around and then give quick summaries. I only checked out blogs that were recently updated, some blogs I am more familiar with and some I visited for the first time. I will start with the trinity of popular Catholic blogs:


1) Blog: A Catholic Blog for Lovers -- Gerard Serafin

Self –Description: “A celebration of beauty, truth, and goodness, and, of course, love...and perhaps a little nastiness”

Features: Lovely pictures, beautiful prayers, Today in Church history, major list of Catholic blogs used for these reviews

Quick Summary: One of the major Catholic blogs, always positive, uplifting, the kinder-gentler blog




2) Blog: Catholic and Enjoying It - Mark Shea

Self-Description: “So That No Thought of Mine, No Matter How Stupid, Should Ever Go Unpublished Again!

Features: News, rants, humor, lots of commenting

Quick Summary: One of the major Catholic blogs, a must see for Catholics, blunt, honest, direct, funny


3) Blog: Open Book- Amy Welborn

Self-Description: None

Features: News, lots of commenting, common sense, wisdom,

Quick Summary: One of the major Catholic blogs, good source for Catholic news delivered with humor and insight, balanced and thoughtful posts and comment discussions




No comments: