Thursday, February 12, 2004

After attending the Latin Mass Magazine conference last Sunday, I was once again struck by how much I agree with traditionalist Catholics. From Open Book comes the news that a Catholic Church was allowing Buddhists to chant and sell books in a Basilica. A first hand account is here and it is must reading. A group of Catholics, members of an SSPX parish, went in and prayed the Rosary in an attempt to stop this nonsense. The SSPX priest was asked to speak and he did so beautifully. What a witness to the Faith! What a sad thing to see people who stopped a travesty be attacked by good Catholics who yell that they are in schism! Meanwhile Mel Gibson, reportedly an independent traditionalist, is putting his faith into the public eye in a huge way. Why? Why is it that the traditionalists seem to be the ones on the front line? Why is it that they fight against horrors in the Church and are then attacked by people who 3 years ago were supporting pedophile priests? Why is it that I can attend my local parish never knowing what nonsense I will have to endure but every single time I attend the local "indult" traditional latin Mass I experience nothing but beautiful Liturgy? It seems to me that the so called traditionalists are leading the way to restoring the sacred in the Catholic Church and instead of attacking them we should be thanking them.

No comments: