Sunday, February 22, 2004

Yesterday was a relatively nice day so I figured I would go to Huntington and stroll around the village with my girlfriend. Huntington is a village on the north shore that in some ways is like Greenwich Village: nice shops, artsy-fartsy stuff, nice bars and restaurants. My girlfriend had never been to Book Revue which is one of the few large, independent bookstores still doing well. I knew we would enjoy a leisurely few hours in the store browsing the shelves and having coffee at the bookstore cafe. Little did we know that we would get there just before Sean Hannity was to give a talk and booksigning! There were hundreds of people there and half the store was basically blocked off by the crowd. I had no desire to stay and hear the talk so we will have to go back some other time, first making sure there will no be celebrities there. Had I known he was going to be there I might have arranged the day differently and gone to see him. Sean Hannity is a Long Islander and has been rather successful. I appreciate the fact that he is publicly Catholic and has spoken favorably of his Catholic upbringing and education. Many bloggers commented favorably when Sean went on his Foxnews show with ashes on his forehead last Ash Wednesday.

No comments: