Monday, May 31, 2004




I received the email from Tim Drake that is going around St. Blog's asking to promote the National Catholic Register/ Faith and Family Movie Poll. However, I saw the code for the banner on The Curt Jester so figured I would put that here. The email states:

"We're looking for nominations for the top movies that celebrate Catholic life. We don't seek to repeat the excellent lists of films that treat of Catholic themes. Rather, we want to recognize popular movies that show how attractive Catholic life can be. What movies
make you proudest to be Catholic?"


This is a tough one for me. Bill Cork mentions The Mission, which is a great movie, but does it really "show how attractive the Catholic life can be"? Kathy Shaidle mentions Moonstruck, which is one of my favorite all time films but again, is is specifically Catholic? Ditto for It's A Wonderful Life. I find it difficult to think of a film that shows Catholic life in a wonderful way.

No comments: