Wednesday, June 09, 2004

In the post below on the National Catholic Register movie poll, a couple of comments mention Moonstruck. This is one of my favorite movies. It is true that the movie is more about the Italian family and not Catholicism, but it contains my favorite depiction of confession. The screen opens and you just see the priest's hands, Cher is kneeling behind the screen, but the priest knows who she is.

"Loretta Castorini: Bless me, Father, for I have sinned. It has been two months since my last confession.
Father: What sins have you to confess?
Loretta Castorini: Twice I took the name of the Lord in vain, once I slept with the brother of my fiancee, and once I bounced a check at the liquor store, but that was really an accident.
Father: Then it's not a sin. But... what was that second thing you said, Loretta?"


No comments: