Saturday, June 26, 2004

Reno 911!

I was just given the DVD of the first season. This is currently my favorite show on tv. You can only get a small sense of why from these quotes (warning: lots of comedic cursing). The show is a takeoff of the Fox show Cops and involves lots of improv. Because of the improv, the show is kind of uneven, with some of the jokes and skits falling flat. But when it is funny, it is side-splitting. All the actors are talented and funny, most of them play several roles (and they are fellow Gen-Xers).

Deputy Travis Junior: "I actually wanted to be in the FBI for about 20 minutes after I saw that movie with Jodie Foster and that guy who eats people in his basement, but I was really stoned at the time. And to be honest with you, for about 20 minutes, I also thought about making a dress out of people's skin."



Deputy Trudy Wiegel: "If I'm addicted to anything, it's sparklers."



[the cops are in a doctor's office in their underwear]
Doctor: Uh, none of the tests required you to disrobe. I'm not sure why you're all sitting here in your underwear.
Deputy S. Jones: Dangle was in his underwear when we all got here.
Deputy Travis Junior: Yeah, what's the deal, Dangle?
Lt. Jim Dangle: I don't feel the need to explain myself.

No comments: