- Honors Student
- "Dozens stood to speak about Redus. Nearly all invoked his outgoing spirit, helpful attitude and affection for everyone he met."
- " I don't think anyone understands how something like this could happen to someone like Cameron. It makes no sense.”
- “He was one of the most level-headed people I've ever met. What I have heard is completely counterintuitive to what I have known him to be,” he said, referring to accounts of Redus initiating an altercation with the officer who shot him."
UIW police Cpl. Christopher J. Carter
- "As authorities investigate the shooting, one of the officer's former
neighbors described him as having a confrontational personality.
“He was mean,” said Hugo Bustillos, who now lives in the two-bedroom apartment near Fort Sam Houston where Carter, 38, used to live."
- Carter also had run-ins with at least one other tenant over Carter's dog before Carter moved away last year."
- “He exaggerated a lot,” Bustillos said.
“He put a lot of false statements on us with our landlord,” Bustillos said. “He said we were smoking pot in front of our kids, but we were just smoking cigarettes.
“He also made trouble for someone else and got into an argument with” management.
- "Over the course of Carter's eight-year law career in Texas, he has held nine jobs at eight agencies"