Saturday, January 18, 2003

We have been described as a lost generation, and this is certainly true. I learned most of what I know of my culture, faith, heritage, and traditions from Ignatius Press, various websites, magazines, etc.. It is amazing seeing comments from many people online that show the 1970's and 1980's to be a time of watered down, superficial, or even false teaching. I had 16 years of Catholic school, I don't remember much from grammar school, high school was excellent, university was useless. (Guess which of those I had to pay for??) High school was excellent, we had 4 years of religion class that was intelligent, mostly interesting, and substantive. I would love to hear from people describing their experiences in Catholic school or CCD, particularly 9th -12th grade. I will post my curriculum and experience later.

No comments: