Saturday, March 15, 2003

Are Catholic Colleges Leading Students Astray?

I am not sure why the question even has to be asked. It reminds me of the Groucho Marx quote I heard at the Latin Mass Magazine conference, "Who ya gonna believe- me or your own eyes?" A sample denial from the pseudo Catholic colleges:

Michael James, assistant executive director of the Association of Catholic Colleges and Universities (ACCU), dismisses the HERI survey results as having little importance for anyone beyond the participating colleges. "In terms of this being representative of the Catholic student population," James says, "I find it difficult to make that case."

One of the Universities in the study was St. John's in New York, where I attended. Nobody asked me, but I can say in the 4 years I was there, I did not see a single bit of evidence that it was a "Catholic" school.

No comments: