Thursday, March 13, 2003

I just got back from a talk given by a priest for the group Americans United For the Pope, a local group founded by a wonderful couple. This couple founded the group in the 1980's when there was a constant barrage of dissent and bashing of Pope John Paul II. They will have a website up and running soon and I will link it. Unfortunately the weather tonight was lousy so there were only about 30 people there. The talk tonight was the best I have heard in the past 2 years!! The topic was The Crisis In The Church - A Time For Renewal, and the priest did something that I have not heard before - he gave details. His take on the situation today was totally correct and he was very bold in placing blame right where it belongs. After a lousy day, this presentation made my night!! Woohoo!

No comments: