Monday, June 02, 2003

Choices, Choices, Choices
I was invited to a first Mass on June 15th by a seminarian I met on retreat but since my mother needs a little care in recovering from surgery, and the Church is a pretty good drive from my home, I don’t think I should go. However, I just found out today that another man who is being ordained the same day is from my parish, St. William the Abbott. Gilbert Lap will have his first Mass there on June 15th so I will be able to attend this one. I always wanted to go to a first Mass or an ordination ceremony so this should be interesting. Please pray for our 3 men to be ordained on June 14th. Since I will be attending this first Mass locally, I won’t be able to attend the Anglican Use Mass being held in Manhattan on June 15th either. This is a second Mass being held by a group working with the Archdiocese to try to start an Anglican Use Congregation in NYC. Here is the info if interested:

Anglican Use Mass, 2:00 p.m. Sunday, June 15, 2003 at St. Vincent Ferrer Church, at 869 Lexington Avenue, New York, NY 10021 ((212) 744-2080). The church is between East 65th and 66th Streets near the 68th Street subway line (Line 6 on the Lexington Avenue Local service).
This link will tell you a good bit about the church.
Father Bradford of Boston will celebrate the Mass with Father Wilson of Brooklyn. The day is also Trinity Sunday which is a special day in the Anglican calendar as traditionally Sundays after the Easter season are numbered from Trinity rather than ordinary time as is the Catholic method.

Following the Mass, we will have a brief coffee session for everyone to meet and then a meeting to discuss various issues such as 1) arranging an Anglican Use retreat on NYC area, 2) hosting the annual Anglican Use meeting in NYC during 2004, 3) ways to promote the establishment of an Anglican Use congregation in NYC, and other issues of interest.

No comments: