Wednesday, July 09, 2003

Before discovering St. Blogs, I found various apologetic and traditional Catholic websites that introduced me to orthodoxy. The ability to speak online with fellow Catholics was limited to AOL chat rooms. These are nightmares. There are people who espouse nothing but the most stereotypical nonsense of both the conservative and liberal variety. Regulars were often nasty and did nothing but fight (not argue but fight). I actually was glad for the frequent children who came in to yell and curse, at least they livened up the room. Discovering St. Blogs meant I could forget the chat rooms and never go back. The blogs have better commentary, better arguments, better personalities and I have actually learned things from them. The only problem is that there are so many that it is impossible to check them all frequently. I wish there was a "Best of St. Blogs" site with only the top posts of various types.

No comments: