Thursday, December 04, 2003

YO MOMA!

I have been listening to NPR lately, which makes me a bit "crunchy" I guess. Anyway, at lunch today I caught a bit of an interview with two people discussing "Hidden God: Film and Faith" which is a film festival and a publication both based at MOMA (The Museum of Modern Art). I only caught about 5 -10 minutes of the interview but it sounded very interesting. Babette's Feast is one of the films being shown. I first heard about this film from the "50 Best Catholic Movies of All Time". Also, both Groundhog Day and Crimes and Misdemeanors are listed. These two films were discussed in an epilogue to The Church and The Culture War: Secular Anarchy or Sacred Order by Joyce Little. I blogged about this excellent book a long time ago. The discussion of these two films is worth the price of the book itself.

No comments: