Saturday, February 12, 2005

You Don't Like Me! You Really Don't Like Me!!!

The Catholic Blogs Awards voting has ended -congrats to the winners. I hope next year I see Eve Tushnet, Envoy Encore, Heart Strength and Mind, Sed Contra nominated as they are all excellent. I am sure there are other excellent blogs that were not nominated as well. There has been some talk of "voting irregularities" and I hope the Supreme Court won't have to get involved. Perhaps we could ask Jimmy Carter to monitor the thing next year - he is Baptist so I am sure he would be impartial. Anyway, Gen X Revert has been shut out for two straight years but that is just a technicality having to do with the high quality of other blogs and the low quality of this one. I would however like to rectify this outrage by having my own award: Best Blog by a Long Islander. I am nominating two bloggers from Queens even though we all know Long Island does not include Brooklyn or Queens - I don't care what your map says. So, without further ado:



Best Blog by a Long Islander

Extreme Catholic
Against the Grain
Gen X Revert
Confessions of a Recovering Choir Director

The voting was opened from 6:55am- 7:00 am on Saturday, Feb. 12th and the results are:


1st Place - Against the Grain (98 votes)

2nd Place - (tie) Confessions of a Recovering Choir Director (84 votes)
Extreme Catholic (84 votes)

3rd Place - Gen X Revert (1 vote)

I knew I should have voted for myself instead of that Ratzinger guy! Well anyway thanks Mom, it is all just a popularity contest anyway.

No comments: