Sunday, August 12, 2007

Friday and Saturday, October 26th - 27th, 2007

The Society of Catholic Social Scientists is holding their 15th Annual Meeting -Conference at St. John's University School of Law in Jamaica (Queens), NY. (I probably would have preferred Jamaica the Island but oh well). There will be dozens of panels on many aspects of Catholicism and below is just a partial list of speakers and panel participants:

Rev. Joseph Koterski, S. J.
William Donohue
Ronald Rychlak
Gregory Popcak
Kenneth Whitehead
Sister Margherita Marchione
Paul Vitz
Dawn Eden
Archbishop Chaput

The conference is going to be a major Catholic event. I was honored to be asked by Dr. Joseph Varacalli to organize a panel discussion on "The Impact of Catholic Bloggers". Because you must pay to be part of the conference, and there are no fees being paid to anyone, I figured I would ask local bloggers first. Dawn Eden and Leticia Velasquez were asked and agreed to be the panel. I have been putting together my thoughts on Catholic blogging and, in true blogger fashion, will be blogging about our panel as it develops. I will also post more information on the conference and panels since there are so many great topics and speakers.

No comments: