Sunday, March 02, 2003

According to today’s bulletin, the parish collection last Sunday was almost $3,000 less than last year. I have not given a dime to my parish for about 2 weeks now and have now figured out what needs to happen before I donate any more:

The Diocese

1) Msgr. Hayde, the director of Liturgy, needs to be fired
2) The traditional Latin Mass needs to be moved to a parish setting
3) All child molester priests need to be defrocked or die
4) All payments to child molesters must end

The Parish

1) A crucifix has to be put in the Sanctuary
2) Images of Mary and Joseph, of any sort, must be put in the Sanctuary
3) The practice of using glasses for distributing the Blood of Christ must end


Until all these conditions are met, I will not give any money to my parish (I have never donated anything to the diocese). There are plenty of good Catholic things to give money to, such as:

Ave Maria University
EWTN
The Legion of Christ
Franciscan University of Steubenville



No comments: