Saturday, October 30, 2004

Officials Believe 'Azzam' Is Gadahn

When people talk about Azzam the American or Johnny Walker the American taliban they always sound incredulous. They simply cannot believe how a young American could possibly hate America or Americans, or wish evil on its people. I don't understand how anyone can be surprised by this. In the 34 years I have been on this planet I have met very few Americans that were decent human beings. In the places I have worked I have met a few nice people while the majority of them have been two-faced, lying, conniving, greedy, selfish, prejudice, racist, violent people. I have seen people lie to get people fired, I have seen people hate others just for the way they looked, I have heard people express hate with impunity. If it were not for my recently re-discovered faith, I don't think I could have handled all this. As it stands now, my faith keeps me from hating my fellow Americans with the fury that these islamic converts do. Make no mistake, I love this country and doubt if I lived elsewhere the people would be much better, but it does make me wonder how anyone can be truly surprised that some who grew up here are so bitter.

No comments: