Sunday, June 12, 2005

I have been tagged for the book meme thingy by Quintero at L.A. Catholic and since he suffers greatly in that Diocese, I would not want to disappoint:

  1. The total number of books I own: approx. 350. I have some history but mainly Churchy stuff, the majority acquired since my "reversion". Ignatius Press dominates, although my vast Peanuts collection would come in a strong second. I am very proud that 18 of the books are signed by the authors.


  2. The last book I bought: I bought 3 books from a local store - The Cube and The Cathedral by George Weigel, Saint Josemaria Escriva by Michele Dolz, and Flannery O'Connor by Regis Martin. Just before that I ordered 4 from Amazon that took weeks to arrive- God Rides A Yamaha by Kathy Shaidle, How the Catholic Church Built Western Civilization, The Church and The Market, and The Church Confronts Modernity all by Thomas Woods.


  3. The Last Book I read: Kiss Me Like A Stranger by Gene Wilder. I read this at the library on a day off, not sure what to make of it - Wilder comes across as a bit strange, but typically artistic. Gilda Radner comes across as extremely needy and sad. I will have to get cracking on some of the newer books.


  4. Five Books That Mean Alot to Me: Peanuts Classics by Charles M. Schultz (1970), Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl, Raise the Titanic by Clive Cussler, Witness To Hope by George Weigel, and The Seven Story Mountain by Thomas Merton


  5. Tag 5 People: I hate to impose, but if Aristotle the Recovering Choir Director, Joanne at Daily Stitches, Sean at Republican of Irish Descent, Amy at The Roundtable, and M2 at martha, martha... have any interest please go right ahead.

No comments: