Tuesday, May 06, 2003

Most of these Vocation Discernment Weekends were ok, none of the above stories made me run from the community screaming. The absolute best weekend, for overall quality, was run by the Society of St. Paul on Staten Island. This group is involved in communications and run Alba House Publishers. The weekend was very busy and we heard presentations from priests, nuns, and lay people. This was not done in any other weekend I went to and I think it should be. The nuns, the Daughters of St. Paul, run Pauline Books and Media and they were fantastic. I almost wished I could have joined their community. They were energetic, funny, positive, evangelical and really seemed to love religious life. I thought it was great to see the male and female communities work together on this weekend, something I never saw anywhere else.

No comments: