Wednesday, May 07, 2003

Wow! The Diocese Report links to a Remnant article by Dr. Thomas Droleskey that lays the smackdown on my diocese. I have heard Dr. Droleskey speak a couple of times and think he is brilliant and a refreshingly honest Catholic. His article gives some more details about Bishop McGann to add to the ones I already knew. I finally found out about what happened to Fr. Robert Mason of Our Lady of Lourdes. I had heard a couple of times about persecution of him but never the details. The article also mentions the priest who recently told seminarians here that he "can't wait for Mother Angelica to die". McGann was truly a horrible bishop and I am so sorry Bishop Murphy named a high school after him. I don't entirely agree that Bishop Murphy has not addressed problems here however. I know of a few good things that have happened and have blogged about them. Dr. Droleskey has taught a college course at the high school I am always pushing on this blog, and I hope this is not the "prominent high school" with the sad teaching that he describes. McGann's damage is still with us, but I have seen several younger priests who give me hope that the tide is turning.

No comments: