Tuesday, January 28, 2003

It Seems like they are everywhere I look, Is it just me???

One of my favorite authors, Joseph Pearce, wrote Literary Converts, which discusses the many literary and artistic converts of England before Vatican II. The list of accomplished adult converts there and in America is impressive. I can’t think of too many who converted during the upheaval of the 60’s and 70’s. This is regrettable but understandable. Lately, it seems like another tidal wave of converts started up again in the 80’s and 90’s. If this is true, then the cut off was due to the immense changes in society and in the Church and not to the Council itself, as some claim. I consider the converts to be a major factor in my return to the Church. Almost every writer, book, magazine, EWTN show, or blog that I enjoy is run by or authored by a convert. We have to figure out how to bottle this faith of the convert and raise cradle Catholics that have as much zeal and knowledge.

No comments: