Saturday, February 01, 2003

Just returned from a quick trip into the city. Went to the Pauline Bookstore on E 52 St which is great. The Daughters of St. Paul are a great group who run a publication company and run bookstores. So good to see young, joyful nuns. The bookstore is huge and in a good location. On the way to catch the subway I stopped into St. Patrick's Cathedral and learned the Lady's Chapel is closed for renovations. This is a great spot to pray because the pews prevent anyone from walking around back there. In most of the Cathedral there are many people walking around and this is a nice little quiet spot so I hope they hurry with the work they are doing. On the way out, at the corner, there were anti-fur demonstrators handing out pamphlets and when people walked by without taking them (as I did), one older lady shouted "You can stay ignorant, that's fine". Way to get people on your side. Good thing they did not notice my leather gloves had fur inside. For the first time in memory I did not get a dirty water dog in the city and I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. When I got home I learned of the space shuttle tragedy, God grant them rest.

No comments: